This establishment was
founded in 1887 and it occupies two important buildings
in the middle of the City: The Babilon Building, built
up in 1851 and The Unification Hall Building, built
up in 1906.
The museum exhibits over 130000 pieces of priceless
works included in its patrimony, starting with a pre-historia
section, then Dacian-Roman and feudal sections, the
great battles with the Turks, the Revolution in 1848,
the Unification of the Principalities in 1859, the Unification
of Transylvania with Romania, etc.
The Unification Hall was
highlightened in 1895 as the Military Casino of the
Garrison in Alba Iulia, but its distinctive historical
signification is given by the fact that it hosted, on
the First of December 1918, the Rally of the 1228 Romanian
delegates from all Transylvania, who decided the Unification
of this ancient province with Romania.